Guess who’s in the portrait?
Each guest should bring a childhood photo (you could mention this in the free baby shower invitation templates). All photos are collected, are hung or laid out in one place and are numbered.
Players should look at the photos and guess who is that. The winner is the one with the most correct answers.
Question and answer
This is a very fun game. Participants are invited to pull a paper out of the box with a question, and another one – out of the box with the answers. Pulling out, the players should read aloud both the question and the answer. Sometimes you get very funny combinations.
List of questions:
- Do you prepare food daily for your husband?
- Do you get up in the morning with a smile?
- Do you allow strangers to criticize you?
- Does your husband call you “honey”?
- Do you listen to your child?
- Do you take with you your baby when going shopping?
- Do you play daily with your child?
- Do you read newspapers that your husband likes?
- Do you scream at your neighbours?
- Do you like spending the weekend with your family?
- Do you miss your bachelor life?
- Do you know your husband’s secrets?
- Does your husband wear socks with holes in them?
- How often do you visit your friends?
- Do you go to expensive stylists?
- Do you wear makeup when going to bed?
- Do you brush your teeth daily?
- Do you get flowers from your husband?
- Do you spend your family holidays having fun?
- Do you chat on the phone when your family is hungry?
- Do you trim your toenails in front of your husband?
- Does your husband like licking the plate after a meal?
- Do you scream at your children?
- Did you every fall out of bed when having a nightmare?
List of answers:
- Smart people do not give out secrets.
- It depends at what time I woke up.
- You would not understand, I like it that way.
- No, it’s useless anyway.
- Yes, especially after a fight.
- It is a too philosophical question.
- Daily except for today.
- Yes, when you have to suck up.
- Yes, if you have something to eat.
- Sometimes, when the house is just a big mess.
- Yeah, I even read an article in a newspaper recently.
- This is my problematic thing.
- Really is it that visible?
- My hairstyle clearly states this.
- Yes, it is very sobering!
- Yes, because my husband would refuse to kiss me afterwards.
- Yes, at the worst possible moment.
- It is my sad secret.
- Yes, it improves appetite.
- My husband has already told you about this?
- Yes, not to wash the dishes.
- Yes, the neighbours will not survive this anymore.
- Yes, but our cat hallucinations from it.
Let us remember our childhood – free baby shower invitation templates
For this game, you will need clay and leaves and a list of things from your childhood. The point of the game is to mould out of clay and leaves things that you have chosen from the list. The more difficult it will be to mould, the more fun there will be. For example, it may be an empty shell, chair, beanbag, etc. Once the item is created, all participants have to guess what it is.
After making some tea everyone sits down in a circle and each invitee has to tell a real story on a given topic. Topics may include: “Funny stories with your children or from your childhood”, “How I learned I was pregnant”, Funny things said by our children” etc.
Compose a poem
Everyone is distributed leaflets with words that rhyme. The task is to compose a poem. The words should be related to the event that everyone is attending, for example:
- Baby, snore
- Bottle piggy bank
- Cot, rocking horse
- Embracing, bloom
Decipher the words
Words related to motherhood and baby caring are written on sheets of paper. The catch is that all the letters must stand randomly and players have to guess what the encrypted word means. For example: estabre (breast), dlarce (cradle).
Name for baby
Each participant writes on a paper a name for the unborn baby that the invitee deems as suitable. Alongside the name, you have to mention a famous person that has exactly the same name.
At the end of the evening comes the most interesting part, which is opening the gifts. They can be signed and unsigned. This should be discussed in advance and everyone should agree on the same way of doing this. The future mother has to open the gifts one by one and of course shows the others what she has received. Do not forget to help to compactly pack back all the gifts and equally help them carry home/car/tax.
If you follow this guide, rest assured that your friend would remember this night forever. In case you have any questions regarding any aspect of organizing a baby shower (from searching for free baby shower invitation templates to gift opening), please write in the section below.